Learn how your philanthropy can make a difference at
Creatively and courageously reimagining how we respond to public health emergencies.
With COVID-19, we are experiencing one of the gravest public health emergencies in generations. In the earliest days of this novel virus, our public health experts began following and analyzing what was happening in China. Our faculty have been communicating accurate information to the media, government officials, UCLA leadership, and others. Now, across the school, our researchers are focused on the range of areas where public health matters: from containment and mitigation of the virus, to combatting racist and xenophobic hate speech, to developing evidence for decision makers addressing the economic impact on the workforce, families, and more. Faculty and students have made the transition to remote learning, and we’re working to support emergency needs of our students.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
For public health professionals, this pandemic represents not only a call to duty, but also a historic opportunity to creatively and courageously reimagine the way we respond to public health emergencies in Los Angeles and around the world. Your partnership makes this possible.
Your gift to the COVID-19 Public Health Response and Preparedness Fund will allow the Fielding School of Public Health to support such COVID-19-related initiatives as:
• Developing strategies for effective risk communication
• Studying the epidemiology of COVID-19
• Researching related aerosol, surface stability and environmental factors
• Modeling this pandemic
• Addressing related racism and xenophobia
Training the Next Generation of Public Health Leaders
• Providing public health students in need with necessary remote-learning equipment
• Developing curriculum to address COVID-19 and future public health emergencies
• Responding to the uncertainty of student internships
Community and Civic Engagement
• Providing accurate information to the public
• Advising governments at local, national, and international levels
• Addressing the needs of the most vulnerable communities affected
Thank you for helping us ensure healthy futures, even under the most daunting circumstances.
Fielding School professors address the city’s Health Commission about COVID-19.
Your Gift May Be Tax Deductible
Your Gift is Tax Deductible